Skip to main content block
:::
History

    History of Lujhu District

    In 1948, the government decided to set up health stations.

    On June 1, 1950 , the Lujhu Township Health Station was officially established, using temporarily the employee dormitory of Lujhu Township Government.

    In December 1952, with subsidies from JCRR, a one-story office had been built at the current location.

    In June 1956, JCRR again helped subsidize the expanding construction of a two-story building, and its first and second floors being utilized as the X-ray and health education rooms, respectively (making the Health Station the first on the island to be equipped with the most advanced health facilities).

    In 1977, the Department of Health of the Executive Yuan implemented plans to augment medical care service in rural and remote regions.

    In December 1979, the Health Station received special funding to re-construct a two-story building on the same site.

    The Health Station was under the jurisdiction of the Lujhu Township Health Yuan of Kaohsiung County when established.

    In May 1961, the Health Station was placed under the Lujhu Township Government of Kaohsiung County.

    In August 1974, the Health Station was placed under the Health Bureau of Kaohsiung County.
     

    :::